This smokey bbq roasted garlic hummus is a great healthy alternative when you are craving chips!
Smokey BBQ Roasted Garlic Hummus
Hummus, a dip made from chick peas, is a fantastic snack. Chick peas are loaded with fiber and protein. Hummus is typically made from processing chick peas with lots of garlic and Olive oil into a paste like consistency. Hummus is used as a dip, spread and even condiment. If you like big, bold flavors Hummus is for you.
Here is how to make out BBQ Roasted Garlic Hummus:
- 1 can Chick Peas, drained & rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 400
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, ketchup, onion powder, paprika, mustard powder, 2 tablespoons Olive oil and pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chick peas and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread out on a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Pour chick peas into a food processor or blender , add 1/4 cup Olive oil. Puree. Add additional Olive oil if needed to gain a smooth, thick texture.
- Spoon into a dish and serve warm or cold.
A refreshing, easy to make frozen treat! Traditional Mojitos are made with alcohol, but this Strawberry Mojito Sorbet is made without alcohol. Feel free to add it if you like.