Honey Sesame Ginger Roasted Carrots
Honey Sesame Ginger Roasted Carrots are a simple side dish and the perfect compliment to Asian chicken
(which we will be posting soon!) can be found here at Grilled Asian BBQ Chicken. Whole carrots are one of my favorite things to pick up from the farmer’s market. They look absolutely beautiful with the tops still attached and covered just a little bit in dirt. You just know they were fresh picked that morning!
Some early rainbow carrots from our own garden:
Trim the tops, wash and scrub your carrots. We never peel them.
Honey Sesame Ginger Roasted Carrots:
Drizzle with Olive oil & honey. Salt & pepper to your liking.
Sprinkle with ginger and sesame seeds.
Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree
- Trim the tops off, rinse and scrub the carrots. I never peel carrots, simply scrub with a produce brush or wash cloth.
- Lay the carrots in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with Olive oil and honey. Salt & pepper to your liking
- Sprinkle the minced ginger and sesame seeds all over.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender, not mushy.
- (Times may vary depending on the thickness of the carrots)
- TIP* cut the carrots in half long ways if needed
If you want to try roasting these carrots a different way – TRY THIS ! Make our super easy homemade garlic herb butter (clean eating approved of course) in minutes. Once you have had homemade butter you will never go back, especially when you realize how absolutely easy it is to make.
Find the recipe and VIDEO here : Homemade Garlic Herb Butter