Easiest Lemon Shake Up
Bring The Fair Home!
A lemon shake up is a traditional fair drink that is quick to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. If you have ever been to a fair you know how fast and easy it is to become dehydrated. The sun is blazing, it’s crowded, maybe you have been on rides and let’s not forget all of that walking.
It is important to stay hydrated every day, not just on hot fair days though. If you struggle drinking plain water, this recipe is for you! A Lemon shake up is slightly sweet, tart and the lemon adds some of it’s own benefits. Such as:
- Aiding digestion
- Source of Potassium
- Detox and Cleanse
- Refreshes skin to keep it free from blemishes
- Boost your immune system with a super Vitamin C punch
- and many more…
So head to the kitchen to shake up this recipe! I took mine to the sun porch rocking chair. Enjoy!
Makes 1 Pint
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- Crushed ice
- Cut one lemon in half, remove seeds.
- Squeeze the juice into the mason jar.
- Add the water and honey.
- Cover the jar and shake vigorously.
- Add the lemon halves and ice.
- Shake again.
- Add some mint and a straw, enjoy!
You may want to add juice from another lemon depending on the size of your lemons or how much flavor you like.
Try out Grilled Asian BBQ Chicken! It has won awards!