Chocolate No Bake Cookies
Healthy & Satisfying No Bake Cookies, yes please!
No bake cookies have always been a fan favorite in my household.
Check out how easy this HEALTHY version of no bake cookies is, you won’t even believe it. So decadent no one will know they are good for you!
The trick to anything clean eating that involves chocolate is to buy the right chocolate. Not all chocolate is created equal. Most store bought chocolate actually contains such a small amount of cacao that I am surprised they can even get away with calling it chocolate.
Here is a great video on a few of the benefits (this is not an ad, just one we find informative)
You may have heard that dark chocolate provides antioxidants, among other positive health benefits. This is true if you consume the right chocolate. The higher the % of cacao, the better. Start with at the bare minimum 60%. 80% is best. The chocolate we use here (look at labels in the store!!) has only cocoa butter and raw cane sugar. Your chocolate should not have more than 3-4 natural ingredients.
For recipes such as these no bake cookies cutting the bitterness of the chocolate is easy!
It is as simple as adding some almond milk and honey. Here is how:
2 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
4 minTotal Time
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- 7 oz 80% Cacao Chocolate (or 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Real Butter (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons Cacao Nibs (optional)
- In a microwave safe dish, add the butter, honey, milk and chocolate. Heat for 1 minute. Mix well.
- Heat at 20 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and oats.
- Spoon onto a sheet pan (grease with coconut oil if desired)
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Want something without chocolate that is super high energy food? Try these!