Raspberry Iced Green Tea with Lime
Raspberry iced green tea is a refreshing drink that is perfect for summer. Green tea is full of antioxidants and fat burning properties. It has a slightly more subtle “tea” flavor than black tea and is not bitter or dry.
More information on the benefits of Green Tea .
We skip paying the extra for cold brew tea bags and simply hot brew regular tea bags with half the amount of water we are using for the pitcher of green tea. Once the hot brewed tea has cooled to room temperature, we pour in the remaining water. We have also found that hot brew tea bags will steep in room temperature water, it just takes longer.
This is really cool too!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 4 Green Tea Bags
- 1/2 Gallon Spring Water
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (optional)
- If you are using cold brew tea bags simply pour the water over the tea bags in a pitcher.
- If using regular hot brew tea bags, boil half the amount of the water in a kettle and pour over the tea bags. (Reserve the remaining water). Let steep until room temperature.
- In a small bowl, add the raspberries (reserve a small amount for garnish if desired) and honey. Mix well, slightly smashing the raspberries. Slice the lime.
- Add the limes slices and raspberries to the tea.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Strain before serving. Pour over ice, garnish with raspberries and lime.
Want a fantastic recipe to make with your tea?
How about choosing one from our Top 10 Favorite Clean Eating Dinner Recipes!
We suggest the Mexican Burrito Bowls or Chinese Egg Roll in a Bowl!
I have GOT to get us a spiralizer! Do you have one? Comment your thoughts below.