Warm up this fall with an amazing Roasted Pumpkin Soup the whole family will love.
Yield – 6 servings
2 small pumpkins, 3 or 4 pounds each
4 Cups Chicken Broth
2 shallots, thinly chopped
3 small bulbs garlic, chopped
1 TBS. Unsalted Butter
1 TSP Sage
1 TSP Circumin
1 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP. Ginger
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 TBS. Sour Cream for Garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cut the tops off the pumpkins and clean out the seeds and stringy bits. Roast in oven for 1 hr and 15 minutes.
- Let pumpkins cool enough to touch and scoop the flesh out into a medium bowl. You should get 5 cups or so depending on the size of the pumpkins.
- Melt butter in large pot or dutch oven until melted on medium heat, then add the garlic and shallots. Cook until the shallots are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and chicken broth, stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to smooth. Pass through a strainer for an even smoother soup.
Serve with sour cream (optional)