Strawberry Cream Pie
Strawberry cream pie is a smooth, refreshing taste of summer.
We pick about 25 pounds of strawberries each season to use for homemade jam, pies and freezing for smoothies. This year we worked hard to edit recipes so that they would be clean eating approved, like this strawberry cream pie.
The trick to this pie is letting it cool completely, freezing it over night would be even better. Unlike other cream pie recipes that use, well … cream, this strawberry cream pie recipe uses Greek yogurt. Unfortunately it doesn’t hold up as well as thick cream. So make sure to serve very cold.
We used Greek yogurt of course to cut the fat and keep the recipe clean eating approved, but this also makes the pie super high in protein. Food just tastes better when you know it is a healthy version.
This pie only takes a few ingredients. The most important is to start with a pre-baked clean eating approved crust like this one from Clean Eating Mag Whole Grain Pie Crust
Here is how to make it!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3-4 cups Strawberries (depending on size)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- In a large sauce pan, combine strawberries, honey, cornstarch and water. Mix well.
- Bring to a slow, easy boil and let cook until strawberries start to soften and break down.
- Reduce to simmer and let cook for about 10 minutes, or until strawberries can be mashed easily. and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the yogurt with 2 cups of strawberry mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir into remaining strawberry mixture. Pour into baked crust.
- Top with whipped cream (recipe below)
- Freeze for at least 3 hours. Slice when cold.
We use this amazing whipped cream recipe from Clean Green Simple
Not a fan of strawberries? Prefer chocolate? Try our amazing, decadent Chocolate No Bake Cookies